How to Care for Your UV Lamps
February 1, 2015
Most customers use their lamps for 1000 hours, so here are some tips for taking care of them.
- Always wear latex gloves when handling the lamp.
- Before placing the lamp into the UV system, clean with isopropanol wipes available from your supplier.
- For longer-lasting lamps, rotate them every 100-200 hours to avoid deformation of the quartz.
- Ensure the UV system is clear of any external contamination, such as inks, dusts, etc.
- Allow the lamp to cool for five minutes once the power has been turned off before you handle the lamp.
- Clean the lamp, UV system and reflectors every 500 hours to maintain the longest possible lamp life.
- Avoid excessive starts, as this can cause contamination due to the electrodes throwing off tungsten into the lamp.
- Check reflectors periodically to make sure they are clean and free from distortion.
- Check that the electrical connections are tight and not eroded.
- Change reflectors after you have replaced a lamp four times.
For more information, visit www.alpha-cure.com.