Sansin Corporation, a leader in researching and developing environmentally friendly interior and exterior wood stains, announced the introduction of its new Eco-Tone™ color system, a color additive for its Purity® interior zero-VOC base wood stain that delivers dye-like color with a fraction (1/10th) of the toxicity found in conventional, solvent-based dyes.
“The challenge for our industry has been that no matter how low in VOCs you get the base stain, you will see a dramatic increase in VOC content – sometimes as much as 100% – once color is added,” said Sjoerd Bos, Vice President of Sansin Corporation. “This is why we’ve developed our own color system – to give customers an amazing color palette without the spike in toxins.”
Sansin’s new Eco-Tone colors use pure pigments, ground so fine they are able to combine with the Purity zero-VOC base for a more sustainable ‘green’ alternative to traditional dyes. Once applied to a home interior, they penetrate deeply, pulling the pigmentation down into the wood for color that is vibrant and crisp.
Sansin’s Purity interior zero-VOC stain delivers the following features:
- Zero VOCs;
- Little to no odor;
- Ease of application, with the choice of a wipe or spray stain;
- Fast dry time, allowing coating with Sansin’s interior clears after only 15 minutes;
- Minimum pigment transfer upon top coating;
- Excellent penetration;
- Excellent lapping performance;
- Extremely uniform appearance, even on maple; and
- Available in a new line of 16 colors, which deliver the vibrancy and richness of dyes without the high toxicity.