ATLANTIC CITY, NJ — Organizers of the Eastern Coatings Show have issued a call for papers. The show is set to take place Nov. 17–19, 2021, at Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey,
The Eastern Coatings Show seeks submissions from academia, government and industry presenting novel research results in all aspects of coatings. It is the goal of the Eastern Coatings Show to further the advancement of coatings technology through these speaker platforms. The show is intended to offer educational and technical presentations to create an understanding of the theory, the science, the manufacturing and the marketing of coatings to highlight the improvement of coatings performance and functionality beyond traditional expectations.
Speakers will be presenting on November 18 and 19, 2021. The ECS Technical Committee will be responsible for coordinating all speakers and the agenda. The criteria for the presentations are listed below:
- Abstract, Biography and Picture: The ECS Technical Committee requires an abstract for the presentation, biography and picture of the speaker to be forwarded to Carl Sullivan. Due to the change of date for the show, the deadline for submissions is now May 31, 2021. To be considered for a speaker slot, all three items for the abstract must be received. Acceptance letters will be sent by June 18, 2021. The presentation schedule will be published no later than June 30, 2021.
- Presentations: The PowerPoint presentation should be e-mailed or sent via CD or USB memory stick to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 17, 2021. Organizers of the show plan on distributing copies of presentations to the attendees; so prospective speakers should include their permission or denial to disseminate the presentation.
- Content: The ECS Technical Committee will be reviewing the presentations based on their technical content and contribution. Committee members are trying to make the presentation format as close to a short course as possible. Therefore, presentations that are geared towards technical and teaching will be given priority. They realize that company logos will be on the slides. However, they do not expect the presentations to be a commercial for the speaker’s company nor laden with trade names. Presentations should be edited for this before sending, as the Technical Committee will ask speakers to do so if a presentation is deemed too commercial.
- Time: Presentations should be no less than 20 minutes and no longer than 30 minutes.
- Pflaumer Brothers Innovation Awards: To further industry innovation, Pflaumer Brothers, of Ewing, New Jersey, is sponsoring awards to honor and recognize the top two technical papers showing the most outstanding technical innovations. The Pflaumer Honors for Innovation Award for the Most Outstanding Paper is an honorarium for $2000. The Pflaumer Honors for Innovation Award for Outstanding Paper is an honorarium for $1000.
For more information, e-mail Carl J. Sullivan, Ph.D., Technical Committee Chairman, at email@example.com.
Learn more about the Eastern Coatings Show at https://easterncoatingsshow.com/.