PCI is running a full online feature on INSCX this month; however, here are some key points offered by INSCX CEO Charles McGovern.
• The exchange is the focal point of the emerging world trade in nanomaterials. The opening of INSCX means that, for the first time, nanomaterials will be traded in the same way as other goods, i.e., purchasers are assured of quality and competitive prices, while suppliers are provided with surety of demand and the financial tools and trade flexibilities needed to respond.
• INSCX is open to any supplier and/or downstream user of nanomaterials, source/advanced materials, nano-enabled and more traditional commodities domiciled anywhere across the globe.
• There are many reasons why nano-material suppliers and purchasers should get involved with INSCX. These include:
1. Trading Standards – INSCX offers the ability to provide potential buyers of nanomaterials with the very same standards they demand of existing materials, namely price transparency, quality/supply assurance, commercial insurance and trade flexibility, including the ability to procure materials on a cash forward basis.
2. Health and Safety Standards – INSCX ex-- change offers nanomaterial suppliers and downstream users of nanomaterials the ability to use the exchange process to become Nanomaterials Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) accredited without undue financial burden. Through agreements with the scheme’s global provider, any supplier or downstream user of nanomaterials may graduate toward full SHE accreditation without having to commit initial capital.
3. Regulation – INSCX exchange is a process to deliver self-regulation within nanomaterials, providing regulatory bodies with a working template on which to base potential legislation. Participation means in effect the creation of an industry voice to communicate with official bodies.
4. Market Development – INSCX will provide a true assessment of the economic value of nanomaterials, enabling the global investment community to value nanomaterials as a collective industry based on factual evidence of trade flows.
The exchange’s electronic trading platform can be accessed using the logon link provided at http://inscx.com. For more information, call + 44 203 137 5187 or e-mail email@example.com. PCI’s detailed article can be viewed under Online Features at www.pcimag.com.