WASHINGTON, D.C. — The American Coatings Association (ACA) is seeking nominations for the Joseph J. Mattiello Lecture Award. The lecture and award will be presented at the American Coatings Conference, April 11-13, 2016 in Indianapolis. Nominations must be received by October 5, 2015.
The Joseph J. Mattiello Lecture Award recognizes an individual who has made outstanding contributions to science, technology, and/or engineering related to the coatings industry. Nominations will be ranked by the Mattiello Memorial Lecture Committee based on standards of technical accomplishment, service to the coatings industry, and leadership.
The selected award recipient will deliver a technical presentation on a phase of chemistry, engineering, human relationship, or other discipline fundamental to paint, coatings, varnish, lacquer, or related protective and decorative coatings. The presentation will consist of a 50-55 minute lecture followed by a question-and-answer session. A completed paper must also be submitted for the conference proceedings and possible inclusion in ACA publications.
ACA asks that nominations include the following:
- An official nomination letter highlighting the outstanding achievements of the nominee, and two seconding letters;
- Complete biography of the nominee including name, age, and place of birth;
- Current position and brief job history;
- Education and degrees, with dates;
- A minimum of two letters of support from individuals within the industry; and
- Reference to significant publications and awards.
Individuals cannot nominate themselves. The items cited in the nomination should be pertinent or related to coatings, or be germane to the constituents of coatings. Activities and accomplishments considered appropriate for citation in the nomination include, but are not limited to, the following:
Publications and communications such as journal articles, patents, books (authored, edited, or organized), lectures and presentations, symposia or meetings organized;
- Inventions and discoveries;
- New scientific principles, understanding or insight;
- Novel uses or applications of products;
- New or improved processes for production of resins or coatings, etc.; and
- Engineering aspects.
All nominations should be forwarded by October 5, 2015 to: Mattiello Memorial Lecture Committee c/o Steve Sides American Coatings Association, 1500 Rhode Island Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20005, e-mail email@example.com.