BASF Launches Ultra Violet Shade Collection Featuring Sparkling Colors & Effects Pigments
SHANGHAI – Resulting from a new collaboration with Pantone® Color of the Year 2018, BASF is showcasing a collection of sparkling Ultra Violet shades featuring its Colors & Effects® effect pigments for use in various plastics applications across multiple product markets.
The collection, to be launched at CHINAPLAS 2018 in Shanghai, will offer customers five pre-defined shade formulations sparkling with featured effect pigments and inspiring further custom shade development options.
“The featured effect shade collection demonstrates how our customers can use Colors & Effects pigments to bring their visionary color designs to life” said Juerg Zingg, Technical Marketing Manager, Pigments for Plastics, BASF. “Pantone Color of the Year is a strong partner providing a strategic direction for trends and therefore inspiring plastic designs in a number of industries. This year’s color, Ultra Violet, is equal parts dramatic and thoughtful, and has inspired us to create an effect shade collection for our customers that will help them communicate originality and ingenuity.”
With the purple shade calling to mind the mysteries of the cosmos, the night sky and the possibilities that lie beyond, Colors & Effects sparkling Ultra Violet collection features the following five effect shade formulations:
- Silky Way – offers a smooth, velvety appearance with silver sparkling pigments for an elegant effect;
- Meteor Shower – features a shimmering surface with speckled silver sparking pigments;
- Distant Galaxy – has a vibrant gloss with greater color depth and violet sparkling pigments;
- Stellar Burst – provides an intense color offering with a smooth appearance and discreet sparkling effects for an overall fine finish; and
- Galactic Halo – offers a glittering appearance with large effect pigments resulting in modern color travel from violet to blue.
BASF also provides individual styling options to customers to help them create their individual shades.