Techkon USA introduces the latest functions of their SpectroDens™ 4 spectrodensitometer, including OBA-Check™ and visual opacity measurement functions. SpectroDens 4’s measurement function, OBA-Check, provides precise information about the intensity of the optical brightening agents used and the shade of the paper. SpectroDens 4 is the first color measurement instrument to offer a visual opacity of printed white ink measurement function. It allows a user to measure and monitor opaque white ink's hiding power, as it is commonly referred to.
Additional features of the SpectroDens 4 include:
- A high-definition spectral sensor that samples color in approximately 3 nm increments (from 400-700 nm)
- InkCheck™ feature that instantly shows delta E and provides a press operator the specific density adjustments needed to achieve the best possible color match
- GrayGuide™ feature that displays G7 pass/fail indication and the specific CMYK density adjustments needed
- Displays M0, M1, M2, M3 color measurement conditions in accordance to ISO 13655
- Ergonomic design for easy one-handed operation, and rolling wheels for scanning
- Capable of scanning a control wedge in seconds to confirm proofs against 12647-7 and known datasets like GRACol, SWOP3, SWOP5, IFRA, UGRA/FOGRA, G7, and other alternatives
- Ability to create, edit, and manage color libraries, import/export color data, generate pass/fail QC reports, and manage the instrument, all with the onboard software
- Uses true Wi-Fi to connect with a PC for faster communication speeds, enhanced security, and broader network connectivity and range
- Engineered for durability and flexibility. Designed with a cast aluminum body and limited moving parts. 1.5 mm or 3 mm apertures are easily exchanged by an operator on-the-fly
To learn more, visit: www.techkonusa.com/products-2/spectrodens4-densitometer/.