Future Markets, Inc. has released a new report on the bio-based materials market, titled The Global Market for Bio-based Materials to 2033. According to the report, there is growing consumer demand and regulatory push for bio-based chemicals, materials, polymers, plastics, paints, coatings, and fuels with high performance, good recyclability, and biodegradable properties to underpin a transition towards more sustainable manufacturing and products.
With the need to supplement global plastics production with sustainable alternatives, and the dearth of available recycled plastic (~9% of the world's plastic is recycled), many producers are turning to bio-based alternatives. Materials from biomass sources include bulk chemicals, platform chemicals, solvents, polymers, and bio-composites. New bio-based materials that may compete with conventional materials are emerging continually, and the opportunities to use them in existing and novel products are explored in this publication.
The report presents the current market and future outlooks, covering bio-based chemicals and feedstocks, materials, polymers, bio-plastics, bio-fuels, and bio-based paints and coatings. Contents include:
- In depth market analysis of bio-based chemical feedstocks, bio-polymers, bio-plastics, natural fibers and lignin, bio-fuels, and bio-based coatings and paints.
- Global production capacities, market volumes, and trends, both current and forecast to 2033.
- Analysis of bio-based chemicals.
- Analysis of synthetic bio-polymers and bio-plastics market.
- Analysis of naturally produced bio-based polymers.
- Analysis of the market for bio-fuels.
- Analysis of types of natural fibers.
- Markets for natural fibers, including composites, aerospace, automotive, construction and building, sports and leisure, textiles, consumer products, and packaging.
- Production capacities of lignin producers.
- In depth analysis of bio-refinery lignin production.
- Analysis of the market for bio-based, sustainable paints and coatings.
- Analysis of types of bio-coatings and paints market.
- Profiles of over 800 companies. Companies profiled include: NatureWorks, Total Corbion, Danimer Scientific, Novamont, Mitsubishi Chemicals, Indorama, Braskem, Avantium, Borealis, Cathay, Dupont, BASF, Arkema, AMSilk GmbH, Loliware, Bolt Threads, Ecovative, Bioform Technologies, Algal Bio, Kraig Biocraft Laboratories, Biotic Circular Technologies Ltd., Full Cycle Bioplastics, Stora Enso Oyj, Spiber, Traceless Materials GmbH, CJ Biomaterials, Natrify, Plastus, Humble Bee Bio, B’ZEOS, Ecovative, Notpla, Smartfiber, Keel Labs, and MycoWorks.
The full report can be accessed here.
Report Abusive Comment