David Brooks, senior editor at The Weekly Standard and a monthly columnist for the Atlantic Monthly, will address the Annual Meeting's final general session and luncheon.
The NPCA announced other details for the Annual Meeting, including Forum-session speakers and topics and a guest-program tour of the New Orleans garden district.
Carroll, the self-described "conscience, voice and connector" of Nike, is responsible for provoking new ways of thinking and motivating and inspiring the entire Nike organization, the NPCA said. He is a former Air Force translator and also has been head athletic trainer for the Philadelphia 76ers.
Brooks, a regular political analyst for "NewsHour with Jim Lehrer," is regarded as a savvy observer of politics and foreign affairs. He held various positions as a correspondent and editor with The Wall Street Journal, and has contributed to various national publications, including the New York Times, The New Yorker, U.S. News and World Report, and others.
The NPCA said the Annual Meeting will include a new program event, a CEO Forum Session. The discussion will be led by Brian Ferguson, CEO of Eastman Chemical Co.
Other Forum session speakers and topics are:
- Stephen Einhorn, president of Einhorn Associates, on "The Paint and atings Industry: Predictions for 2010";
- Peter Farmakis, president of the polymer specialties division at Vantico, and Vernon Sumner, president of Southern Clay Products Inc., who will review venture capital and the supplier community;
- Chris Caruso, director of e-commerce strategy for PPG Industries Inc., who will address the role of e-business in the coatings industry;
- Jeff Degraff, professor of executive education at the University of Michigan Business School and director and founding partner of Wholonics Leadership Group, who review transformational issues critical to business leadership and strategy; and
- Patrick Lencioni, president of The Table Group, a management consulting firm, on theories on leadership and what he calls organizational health.