The plant, in Maptaphut, Thailand, has an annual production capacity of 12,000 tons per year of silicas and aluminum silicates. Degussa-Hüls said the acquisition boosts its share of the Asian market for precipitated silicas and silicates to 20%, and is part of an "aggressive campaign to expand its presence in Asia."
Degussa-Hüls Acquires Majority Of Silica Business
February 29, 2000
FRANKFURT AM MAIN, Germany - Degussa-Hüls AG said it has acquired a majority stake in silica production facilities in Thailand operated by Oriental Silica Ltd. The company said it holds a 70% stake in a new company, United Silica (Siam) Ltd., with the remaining 30% held by Oriental Siam Co., based in Bangkok.