These trends are highlighted in a new 300-page report from Information Research (IRL), titledProfile of the Asia-Pacific Paint Industry. Selected trends highlighted in the report include:
- Strong demand for architectural and wood coatings in China as a result of the booming construction sector
- Rising demand for architectural and protective coatings India through ongoing investment in construction and infra-structure
- High marine paint demand in South Korea through large numbers of orders for the shipbuilding industry
- Rising consumer awareness of health and environmental matters, with particular emphasis on R&D in this area in mature economies such as South Korea and Japan
- Greater competition in some economies where China has wooed local manufacturing industry from other low-cost manufacturing economies.
IRL also has releasedThe Top 50 Paint Companies in Asia, 3rd edition, which is priced at €750 but is available for €500 when purchased at the same time the Asia-Pacific paint profile.
For more information, visitwww.informationresearch.co.uk.