Flurospar® SR coating from The Valspar Corp. is an enhanced solar reflective paint for the aluminum extrusion and wall panel market. The spray-applied, factory-cured coating reportedly reduces the amount of energy used to cool buildings without limiting color choice.
Coating aluminum windows, curtain walls, shutters, awnings, louvers, wall panels and other building components with the new coatings reduces surface temperature, resulting in cooler internal building temperatures. The product is formulated with solar reflective (SR) pigments that keep building components cooler than bare aluminum, anodized aluminum, and comparable paint colors.
In addition to energy savings, advantages of aluminum extrusions and wall panels coated with the new product include:
- Improved coverage ratio decreases the amount of energy used to apply the finish
- Improved mar resistance
- Minimal need for touch-up or repainting
- No harmful off-gases from installed building components
- No cadmium or lead based pigments
- Aluminum coated with Valspar extrusion finishes is 100% recyclable/recycled material.