Huntsman, a global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated chemicals, is exhibiting in Hall 7, Stand 7-563. Huntsman manufactures technologies including amines and adhesives, carbonates and curing agents, isocyanates and surfactants, polyurethanes and titanium dioxide pigments. At this year’s ECS Huntsman is showcasing a range of recent innovations including:
- Amine extender for color stability in polyurea spray coatings: JEFFLINK® 136 diamine, a new cycloaliphatic amine chain extender designed to create color-stable polyurea spray coatings and that is both user and environmentally friendly.
- Aromatic-free curing agent for decorative floor toppings: New ARADUR® 20317 curing agent with outstanding low yellowing benefits is free of aromatics. Used in combination with liquid epoxy resins especially, such as ARALDITE® DY-T resin, ARADUR 20317 curing agent is suitable for the production of epoxy resin coatings. With its exceptional low tendency to yellowing and chalking and its resistance to mechanical stresses, ARADUR 20317 curing agent is a preferred component for the formulation of decorative floor toppings.
- Curing agent for multilayer coatings: New ARADUR 20315 curing agent has exceptional chemical resistance properties for use in all types of multilayer coatings in moderate to warm climates.
- Energy-saving infrared-reflecting pigment for coatings: ALTIRIS® infrared reflecting pigment, Huntsman’s latest titanium dioxide pigment innovation, was developed in response to a global challenge to help reduce energy consumption. ALTIRIS pigment is designed to increase the solar reflectance of colored coatings and is already winning industry awards.
- Fast-binding platform for adhesives: VITROX® composite resin technology is a new binding platform for adhesive applications that offers high heat stability, long pot life, very fast cycle times and is ideal for formulations that need to cure quickly at moderate temperatures, for example on heat-sensitive substrates such as plastics.
- Fast cycloaliphatic amine for low-temperature curing: New XTA-801 cycloaliphatic amine that offers low viscosity, low color and high reactivity, and is ideal for use in coatings, flooring, tooling, adhesives and composite applications. When combined with commercial JEFFAMINE® polyetheramine (PEA) hardeners, this product provides enhanced glass transition temperatures, modulus and hardness, and improved chemical resistance and low-temperature curing properties.
- Isocyanate prepolymer for fire retardant polyurea: A new isocyanate prepolymer that makes it possible to embed fire retardant properties in polyurea. Reflecting market requirements, this development has the potential to improve fire safety performance of a variety of applications, for example in coating concrete and steel structures in multi-story car parks.
- Low-vapor cleaning agent: New SURFONIC® PR-10 cleaner is a concentrated blend of soy-based ethoxylates, with plant-derived methyl esters and other ingredients to provide a cleaner that is neutral in pH. This cleaner is designed to remove pigmented inks from printing presses and pigment dispersions from processing equipment. The low volatility results in more efficient cleaning and less vapor emissions compared to conventional solvents.
- Novel epoxy curing agent: JEFFAMINE RFD-270 amine, a new PEA epoxy curing agent that offers low viscosity, low color, higher glass transition temperatures and faster property development than other solutions typically available.
- Special sulphosuccinates for overprint varnished in food packaging: Developed for use in overprint varnish as wetting agents to have better substrate adhesion, these new products have a low residual ester (DEHM), which allows the formulation of low-migrating overprint varnishes for use in food packaging. The active content is FDA approved. EMPIMIN® OT 75 overprint varnish is a sodium di-octyl sulphosuccinate in water/ethanol solution. EMPIMIN® OP 70 overprint varnish is a sodium di-octyl sulphosuccinate in water/propylene glycol solution.
- Wood-bonding isocyanates: A new range of structural and non-structural wood-bonding solutions for the adhesives market. With a broad range of isocyanates available to combine with polyols, Huntsman can help formulators develop adhesives with a far greater application window than is currently possible with solutions available to the existing parquet glue market.
Report Abusive Comment