The HydroShield® waterborne system is a new, operator-friendly finishing system that gives manufacturers another reason to switch from conventional to electrostatic technology when spraying waterborne materials.
The HydroShield batch system, the first installment of the developing product line, gives operators the control to use Pro Xp™ WB air spray and air-assist electrostatic spray guns to spray waterborne material. The batch isolation system offers the following benefits to industrial finishing operations:
- Refill without system shutdown (when the painter releases the spray gun trigger, the internal isolation pump refills itself from a supply source, improving productivity);
- Built-in safety (automatic refill feature reduces the need to open the isolation cabinet, and reduced operator interaction means a safer workplace);
- Unique operator control (controller interface allows users to select spray functions, stay informed of system status and set a maintenance schedule);
- Better transfer efficiency (using electrostatics to spray waterborne material means more paint lands on each part, compared to conventional spraying); and
- Market-proven components (comprised of Pro Xp WB guns, isolation pump, controller interface and other parts used in the marketplace).
“We designed the HydroShield system with the operator in mind,” said Wendy Hartley, Graco Product Marketing Manager for the Industrial Products Division. “The controller keeps the operator informed of the system status and provides process control, which makes spraying high-quality parts easy.”