CHICAGO — Paint and coatings brand Valspar® recently unveiled its 2022 Colors of the Year with 12 trend-worthy and forward-thinking natural shades that evoke warmth, calm and comfort. With this palette, Valspar seeks to empower consumers to think positively about the future while creating spaces in their homes that provide solace and a comfortable feeling in the present.
When forecasting the 2022 Colors of the Year, the color experts at Valspar observed global lifestyle trends that encompass culture, media, fashion, design, food and technology. A home’s appearance can directly impact a person’s mindset, and this year’s colors have been selected to bring a sense of soothing tranquility to the walls, ultimately blending the safety of the home with the calmness a beautiful shade of paint can bring.
“Colors can power moods, energizing us with confidence, strength, and curiosity – allowing us to express ourselves with color anywhere - whether it be a full room, an accent wall, trim or furniture,” said Sue Kim, Valspar Color Marketing Manager. “Valspar’s 2022 Colors of the Year provide consumers a wide range of naturally based warm colors that will not only help calm the nerves and boost the mood but also provide a confidence in what the future may hold.”
Each of the 12 Colors of the Year cultivate a sense of calm and comfort that creates the ideal backdrop for an optimistic outlook on what’s to come. Valspar has curated these 12 trending hues to include a range of shades that provide flexibility and can be incorporated into existing design elements of the home. For the third year in a row, the 12 Valspar Colors of the Year were photographed in people’s homes, giving the colors and images an aesthetic that represents the lifestyles of today’s paint buyer.
The 2022 Colors of the Year
All 12 colors are available at Lowe's stores, Lowes.com and independent retailers nationwide. Color names and shades vary slightly at each retailer. The full list of colors is listed below.
- Blanched Thyme – Calming and nourishing, this natural shade encourages a calm balance (Lowe’s: 6001-4A Blanched Thyme; Independent retailers: T689 Into the Wild).
- Gilded Linen – Soft and cozy, this minimalist white gives space to breathe and declutter the mind (Lowe’s: 6002-1A Gilded Linen; Independent retailers: V142-1 Ghost Story).
- Delightful Moon – A color that radiates warmth, this shade has a new take on sophistication, expanding the natural tones to bring into the home (Lowe’s: 3004-6A Delightful Moon; Independent retailers: V092-2 Oats and Honey).
- Lilac Lane – A fresh shade with beautiful versatility, this soothing and restorative color brings a new softness into the home (Lowe’s: 1002-4B Lilac Lane; Independent retailers: V077-1 Sleepy Kisses).
- Mountain River – A natural hue with depth, this feels like an indulgent escape within the home (Lowe’s: 4005-6C Mountain River; Independent retailers: V138-5 Flannel Gray).
- Orchid Ash – Pure and clean, the simple quality of the shade creates a mindset for a hopeful future (Lowe’s: 4003-3B Orchid Ash; Independent retailers: V137-1 Shady Lady).
- Grey Suit – Dependable and reliable, this warm grey works well in any setting, in any home (Lowe’s: 4004-2A Grey Suit; Independent retailers: T696 Pond Leaves).
- Subtle Peach – A simple pastel that brings us back to basics, its natural quality gives a lived-in attribute that feels clean and modern (Lowe’s: 2003-8C Subtle Peach; Independent retailers: V085-1 Seven Veils).
- Rustic Oak – A warm shade reminiscent of copper, this color creating a space for us to feel protected and comforted (Lowe’s: 2007-7B Rustic Oak; Independent retailers: V084-4 Dockside).
- Sunset Curtains – Embracing warm neutrals back into the home for comfort, this color provides a familiar hue that is reassuring (Lowe’s: 1007-10B Sunset Curtains; Independent retailers: V131-2 Warm Alpaca).
- Country Charm – This color creates a space to relax and unwind with warm, comforting charm (Lowe’s: 3007-10B Country Charm; Independent retailers: V094-2 Garden Rain).
- Fired Earth – A classic shade with warm depth, this shade evokes a feeling of stability and comfort (Lowe’s: 6011-1 Fired Earth; Independent retailers: T501 Moon Rock).
For more information on Valspar color trends and tools, visit www.valspar.com.