PITTSBURGH – PPG has published its 2019 Sustainability Report, highlighting the company’s progress toward achieving its 2025 sustainability goals in key environmental, social and governance areas. The report is available at sustainability.ppg.com.
“At the center of our company’s purpose is a commitment to ‘protect and beautify the world,’” said Michael H. McGarry, PPG Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Now more than ever, the word ‘protect’ is taking on even greater meaning as we are focused on protecting our people, customers, communities and all of our stakeholders in managing the global impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are proud to celebrate our 2019 sustainability achievements, and we remain focused on a brighter future as we navigate these unprecedented times.”
PPG further reduced the environmental impact of its operations; developed products that enhanced customers’ sustainability; engaged communities for a brighter tomorrow; and strengthened its global workforce. In 2019, the company:
- Achieved 33% of sales from sustainably advantaged products and processes, such as the PPG MOONWALK™ automated paint mixing system;
- Accomplished 33% of manufacturing and R&D locations with zero landfilled process waste;
- Increased female representation to more than 30% of its total workforce, a 7% increase since 2014;
- Invested $6.8 million in support of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education programs;
- Completed a record-number of COLORFUL COMMUNITIES® projects in 41 countries, positively impacting 6.5 million students, seniors, teachers, patients and community members since 2015;
- Continued to strengthen The PPG Way culture;
- Reduced waste disposal intensity by 25% from the 2017 baseline; and
- Reduced spills and releases by 32% from the 2017 baseline.
To watch videos and learn more about PPG’s sustainability progress, visit sustainability.ppg.com.