CLEVELAND — The Sherwin-Williams Co. has issued its 2021 Sustainability Report: Building on the Good. The report reflects the progress made in the company’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals.
Accomplishments outlined within the report include:
- Published the company's first report that aligns with the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) framework;
- Collected in 2021 more than 1.0 million gallons of paint for recycling through PaintCare®;
- Reduced employee injury rate by more than 50% since 2015;
- Implemented a Sustainability by Design program across the enterprise, serving as the company’s proactive, foundational process to aid the growth of its "sustainably advantaged products" portfolio;
- Established a baseline for "sustainably advantaged products" and developed a plan for expanding this product portfolio;
- Developed a structured process for measuring and assessing Scope 3 emissions;
- Recognized by Forbes® Magazine as one of World's Best Employers and America's Best Employer for Diversity, New Graduates, Women and Veterans;
- Strengthened communities through employee service on more than 120 nonprofit boards and financial support of more than 1,300 nonprofit organizations; and
- Recognized in 2021 by industry-leading groups, including Newsweek® America's Most Responsible Companies, Yahoo! Finance® Top ESG Stocks, Investor's Business Daily® Best ESG Companies (top 100), The Wall Street Journal® 250 Best Managed Companies and MSCI® ESG rating, which improved from "BBB" to "A."
"At Sherwin-Williams, corporate responsibility and sustainability are central to how we do business. We demonstrate our ongoing commitment to our employees, customers, communities, shareholders and other stakeholders through our continued efforts to develop and implement comprehensive policies, goals and programs in pursuit of our ESG objectives. We are Building on the Good," said John G. Morikis, Sherwin-Williams Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Our 2021 Sustainability Report reflects the progress we have made in pursuit of our goals and outlines the steps we are taking that reflect our commitment to continuous improvement in everything we do."
The report is available at https://sustainability.sherwin-williams.com/doc/Sustainability_Report. Learn more about Sherwin-Williams at www.sherwin-williams.com.