Hempel has announced that its Hempafire Pro 400 passive fire protection (PFP) coating has been certified according to the EN13381-8 standard and granted the CE mark, complementing the already existing BS-476 and ApplusFire certifications. Products are available in Europe, Africa, Middle East, South and East Asia, and Central America.
Hempafire Pro 400 maintains the stability of steel structures in the event of a cellulosic fire for up to 120 minutes, and brings users a number of efficiency benefits. PFP coatings insulate steel against high heat, which extends the steel’s load-bearing capacity if a fire breaks out, giving valuable extra time for evacuation and emergency response. Hempafire Pro 400 has been optimized to provide cellulosic fire protection for 90 and 120 minutes, and is fully compatible with Hempafire Pro 315, which is optimized for 30- and 60-minute fire durations. Hempafire Pro intumescent coatings have a low thickness required to protect steel, resulting in reduced total paint consumption, fewer coats to apply, and protection delivered in shorter process times.
Both Hempafire Pro 400 and 315 product ranges are available in Fast Dry versions to provide best application results in different climatic conditions, and can be used as a single solution for most common steel sections for both in-shop or on-site applications. They can be used in Type X exterior conditions and C4-High according to ISO 12944.
The Hempafire Pro range at a glance:
- Two passive fire protection coatings: Hempafire Pro 315 optimized for 30- and 60-minutes fire protection and Hempafire Pro 400 optimized for 90 and 120 minutes
- Lower loadings significantly reduce paint consumption and help to improve drying times
- Same product can be used for most steel profile types, both in-shop and on-site
- Can be applied up to 1,600 microns DFT in one coat to minimize the number of coats required
- BS 476 20/21 and EN13381-8 approved and third party certified
- Approved for Type Y / Type X interior / exterior conditions according to EAD 350402-00-1106 and corrosion environments up to C4 High according to ISO 12944
- Offered with a considerable list of primers and topcoats to satisfy full system requirements
- Environmental Product Declaration according to EN 15804:2002 +A2:2019 Type III – third party verified by BRE and listed in the Ecoplatform
For more information, visit: www.hempel.com/products/brand/hempafire/hempafire-pro.