The World Coatings Council published its inaugural report, Sustainability in the Global Paint & Coatings Industry. The report highlights the global industry’s ongoing sustainability efforts to advance technologies in coating science and manufacturing, while minimizing impacts on human health and the environment.
The report emphasizes the critical role coatings and the global industry play in contributing to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as framed by nine specific SDGs where industry can have the greatest impact:
- Good Health and Well-being (UN SDG #3);
- Quality Education (UN SDG #4);
- Clean Water & Sanitation (UN SDG #6);
- Decent Work and Economic Growth (UN SDG #8);
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure (UN SDG #9);
- Sustainable Cities and Communities (UN SDG #11);
- Responsible Consumption and Production (UN SDG #12);
- Climate Action (UN SDG #13); and
- Life Below Water (UN SDG #14).
Featuring examples that support the World Coatings Council’s Sustainability charter, the global report underscores that coatings are essential to making products and our infrastructure more sustainable by providing resistance and durability; providing critical performance properties for safe and healthy communities; and serving a critical role for applications in the health and food sectors, among many others. The report also highlights the industry’s efforts to achieve resource efficiency in production processes, consideration of raw material consumption, and implementation of health and safety measures to ensure decent work and economic growth.
For more information, visit: www.worldcoatingscouncil.org.
Report Abusive Comment